Endeavour Academy takes seriously our statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to work together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements within the schools to identify, assess, and support those children who are suffering harm.
MacIntyre Academies Trust is committed to providing the highest standard of education for all students based on equality of access and opportunity. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of our approach as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
The Trust believes that all young people:
- have the right to be protected from harm and / or abuse;
- have the opportunity to develop fully;
- have their basic needs met.
All staff have a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn. We provide appropriate training to ensure that all staff are able to carry out this essential duty.
Our full Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded below.
General responsibilities for Safeguarding
- The Principal of Endeavour Academy has overall responsibility for safeguarding. A Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and a number of Safeguarding Officers (DSO) are in place to deliver high standards of Safeguarding for our children and young people. A 'Designated Teacher' is in place to ensure Children who are Looked After are supported effectively within the setting.
- The Local Advisory Board has a Named Lead for Safeguarding.
- MacIntyre Academies Trust Board is responsible for Safeguarding procedures and practices and there is a nominated Safeguarding Trustee.