We offer flexible residential opportunities including 52 week, term time, weekly and shorter placements in our onsite Children’s Home. This provides respite for parents and carers in addition to enabling students the opportunity to learn life skills in a different setting, enabling them to live a life of independence and choice.
At Endeavour we believe that an extended ‘waking hours’ curriculum is beneficial to the learning and development of our young people; our residential provision plays a crucial part in implementing this curriculum.
The Academy will do this by providing education across 24 hours (‘waking’ hours) that:
- Values the partnership with parents and carers
- Recognises and promotes individual ability
- Provides learning opportunities in a variety of environments
- Challenges the creativity of students and staff
- Uses shared expertise from all professionals
- Teaches skills and attitudes to lead to greater independence levels
- Reflects the quality provision expected of Endeavour Academy
- Is fun and gives pleasure in the recognition of achievement
The development of the Waking Hours curriculum has taken into account the educational curriculum aims and core subjects, school facilities and Life Skills needed for adulthood. To get more of an idea of the activities involved please see our policy.
Ofsted Reports can be viewed here for Endeavour House.